PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2010, 07:30
peuce

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Dick Smith,

You said:

our G is not F!
You can say it as many times as you like, but I will keep coming back to the Airspace Policy Statement 2010

Class F: IFR and VFR flights are permitted, all participating IFR flights receive an air traffic advisory service and all flights receive a flight information service if requested. This class is not used at present in Australian-administered airspace.

Class G: IFR and VFR flights are permitted. IFR and VFR flights receive a flight information service which includes directed traffic information to IFR flights on other IFR flights and known VFR flights.
Önce again, I say ... if it smells like F and it looks like F and it behaves like F ...

The current added radio requirements you allude to are a red herring.
If CASA bit the bullet and called it Class F ( or K, for that matter), I'm pretty sure they would still mandate the extra radio requirements ... so it's neither here nor there.

There is in fact no ICAO airspace classification below D that includes VFR in the system
Really?

All airspace categories include VFRs ... to some extent.
To quote from the Dick Smith Flyer website, your future airspace vision includes:

CLASS G: ATC based separation services are not provided in this airspace. In addition to the directed traffic information services prescribed below, a Radar Advisory Service (RAS) will be available on a workload permitting basis to all aircraft within radar coverage on request. A hazard alerting service will also available on request to ATC or FIS for aircraft which are not receiving an ATC directed hazard service. An FIS will be available on request through the dedicated FIS frequency or ATC. UNICOMs will offer a cost/effective service to RPT and other operations in terminal areas (see below).
Looks to me like VFRs are definite participants in your Vision System to me..

Don't be tempted to join the invisible man brigade ... as they ain't gunna go away!