PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford Flight centre
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2010, 06:55
MagicTiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpreadEagle, it is probably more the retarded pilots on the day, who is to blame. For not knowing or understanding the procedures of the day. Maybe they should have made a proper briefing.

I actually think I was on final the day this happen, as number 2 for 04L, the Cessna decided to land on 04R, while the IDIOT taxing upon on the 04L, decided to cross the runway.

Remember, the Radio service- can not give ANY ADVICE, but to be taxing up on the active runway can only be the fault of the PIC of the aircraft in question.

Yes I also know, suddenly this aircraft crossed over the active runway after the Cessna landed. There will always be pro's and cons, from what I have seen the pro's far outweigh the cons. But there will always be a few people impossible to satisfy regardless.
I personally think Stapelford offers a good training facility, if you can learn to fly there, you can probably manage to fly anywhere. And that is what the major of flying at Stapelford is for, learning to fly, besides the cafe, there is not much else around there.

If you want to go some place as GA pilot only for fun and enjoyment and relaxing, there are other places better, like Isle of Wight.