PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beech 1900 with the cargo door open!
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2010, 18:13
Contract Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SJ, thanks so much mate, you have put me in my place and I will no doubt stop being such a c>>>>nt as a result.

in the mean time, while we wait for that day to come, a few home truths.

1.) a 1900 has C hooks, they are either open or closed

2.) if the system is working like it should, then an annunciator will flash in your face that the door is open, if it is, and if it isnt, well, no red light. And "missing" that red light is not a human trait, its unforgivable.

3.) if that was the case and the crew "missed" it (and 1000 hrs on type tells me another story, they either ignored it or it was not working (and a well traind crew like this would have tested it pre flight???)) then the crew were muppets.

4.) "most" 1900's and 200's do pressurise on the ground, for one reason only, and thats cos they are fu#$ed, they are not meant to, but they do, but also knowing this and knowing some of the crew who flew for said outfit, they probably only put the bleeds on AFTER take off, even this will NOT blow out the door at rotation. as pressure problems at rotation are gradual, not explosive.

5.) a 1900 door is part of the structure, its integral to the old girl staying together, leaving it open is a BIG deal with a capital F. the statement saying "good job to the crew cos it worked out ok, not a big deal" is horse sh1t.

6.) if the annunciator was NOT red, then engineering has a few questions to answer for the pure and simple reason that that door WAS open at the beginning of the t/o roll and they didnt fix this snag. (did the crew know it was not working? did they test it pre flight?)

7.) and if the light WAS red then the crew have to explain why they took off with an open door.

8.) it never needed to be an emergency that was "handled in the air" IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER ENDED UP IN THE AIR TO START!

one way or another, another incident that can only be HUMAN factors. and if i am wrong on this one, i will eat my own underpants.

Dog