View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2010, 17:34
rotorblades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick Smith,
hahahahahaha,
sorry, was your post not a joke?

Heathrow is supposed to be class A however you can fly VFR in the airspace
Why didnt you ask me (as someone who controlled the heathrow class A CTZ for 7 years)

Oh no you cant. You can fly IFR or SVFR, as its a class A control Zone.
Even the US mentions SVFR.

non radar towers
Very few 'radar towers' as you like to call them about.
The Approach service provided by approach controllers in the main ATSCs, Luton, Stansted, Heathrow, Thames (London City, Biggin Hill, Southend), Gatwick all in the NERC Centre plus others in SCOATC i.e. Manchester, Glasgow. People without a radar cant vector.
We are the ones who provide the radar vectoring to ILS finals. using appropriate R/V Charts, descent points, terrain clearance. Its called:
SAFELY, ORDERLY and EXPEDITIOUS.

Controllers even "control" IFR aircraft in en-route radar G airspace when other aircraft in IMC are not reporting
And thats less safe how???? its all above the LSALT.
Its safer then, under your ideas, to just pass traffic to the IFR and let him blast through it?
Its what radar is for, to deconflict traffic with as little hazard to mainstream RPT traffic. whilst still keeping class G (the open FIR) for pilots who dont need their hands held for their flight.
At anytime the pilot can say he doesnt want the RAS, and only wants RIS or FIS.

Tiny airports such as Gatwick are class D
Tiny, as opposed to what, Broome? Tamworth?
Sydney is tiny compared to places like Dallas or LA.
Other class D control zones are Stansted, Luton, London City, Birmingham, Manchester. Your point being?
It just proves that the UK can manage traffic better & integrate safely VFR
& IFR.

Yes, those in charge are incompetent
If you mean in the UK, you obviously havent got a clue - as you havent got a clue in all your statements on my post. You could've just asked me I would've told you .

In practice they give a class E like service in G
Im sorry but they are not providing e like in G. So dont bring your E class fetish into it. In E you dont give vectors or routings around VFR. So the UK actually super over-providing, almost a C service in G, wow! bonus points.
Surely thats not incompetency, surely thats service provision above & beyond the call of duty.

By your logic controllers should give the lowest amount of service possible in each airspace class rather than the highest or more than is required.

I think this has disproved your last post as complete horse faeces. And your whole narrow-minded approach is to prove that your idea is great and everyone elses' is crap(except the US - who we hope dont pull up their pants because the sun would disappear, cause thats obviously where it comes from in the world according to Dick)

The UKs not perfect, but it works for us(when I was there). It allows suitable access to all areas with adequate safeguards and backups.

One more touch on incompetency - Whos the more incompetent a company who when you highlight a safety deficiency/concer in the system:
a/ says thanks for highlighting it and investigates the matter (NATS)
or
b/ labels you a troublemaker, threatens you with remedial action and does nothing about it? (ASA)