PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P2F Cancer of Aviation (merged)/ petitions.
Old 25th Apr 2010, 11:50
Global Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stansted

Exactly, a frozen ATPL is all thats needed to then go and get a TR, no matter who pays for it............... it seems that experience is NO longer a requirement. Thats why i started a thread in the SLF forum......... i wanted to know if SLF had any idea about experience levels but when you read the thread, the replies seem to centre on, "well if he is qualified"

As we all know, theres a HUGE difference between being qualified and being qualified with experience.

It used to be that you needed 750 hours to get a CPL in the UK. The major single reason the requirement was dropped was because instructing without a CPL went against the grain of what a CPL was all about. The CAA brought their requirements in line with ICAO but im sure they just did not see the avenues they were going open up for people to buy ratings and time in a Commercial Airliner. The CAA, i suspect, relied on the airlines to police their own requirements as far as experience goes but it opened the door to P2F....... those cheapo airlines that are prepared to compromise safety for the sake of a buck by allowing someone to pay to sit in the RHS.

And we have seen someone here demonstrate that he probably does not even have the maturity to hold a driving licence, yet he is going, allegedly, to work for Ryanair and fly the travelling public around.

Its not possible to get a driving licence one day and to then drive a bus the next. I fail to see why someone, who has 250 hours, should be allowed to pay for a TR.

And as a matter of interest, the F/O that was handling the Irish A321 at LHR that had its tail scrape, according to the accident report, had a total of 274 hours and 82 were on type.