PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2010, 10:40
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Ledsled,
For your information, I have never attempted to edit one of your posts, it must be somebody else, if, in fact, it is happening at all, and not just a figment of your imagination.

I was merely suggesting an edit by you, to more accurately reflect a position taken by you.
Having a bit of fun, I was.

refuses to acknowledge that the 2 NMACs we had in E airspace in 2003-4 shoots holes in his assertion that NMACs in E are "vanishingly small"

Rubbish again. Despite your opinions on the subject, those opinions were not shared by the NAS assessment team, and did not invalidate NAS 2b. By the way, it is the probability of an actual hit that is vanishingly small, but the likelihood of you ever coming to terms with rational risk analysis is, might I suggest, also vanishingly small.
Oh, I get it. Provided the aircraft don't actually hit each other, there's no problem. In any other class of airspace, all hell breaks loose when the aircraft come within a few miles of each other, but because nobody is trying to actually keep aircraft apart in E, all's well. Got it.

refuses to divulge any Cost-Benefit Analysis that supports E over D instead of C over D and

Rubbish, I have told you where and how to find it, and why I will not provide the info.
I forgot. My day job takes up so much of my time I can't sit on this computer 24/7 looking for this stuff. Please provide again. Or is this schoolboy "It's a secret" stuff?

You might like to address Rotorblades comments about the cluster_uck that is Willy airspace at the moment in relation to E. Sounds like the big-sky theory is alive and well around there.

will not comment on the suggestion from MJBOW2 that, if ATC refuses to give an IFR a clearance into E after takeoff in a surveilled environment eg at Williamtown, that the aircraft just switch to VFR and blast off anyway without even considering what may be causing the controller to refuse the clearance.

You lot are all so tied up in your "Little Australia" world that you can't imagine an alternative way of doing business, there are many reasons why a pilot, having considered the implications, might decide to depart VFR.
So I'm a new IFR regional Hi-Cap captain. What would "implications" and the "many reasons" would you teach me when instructing me about departing into low-level E from a CTAF?