PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 25th Apr 2010, 09:05
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the full performance plan actually involves the CSD taking over the role of the crew manager, I think
That was the plan for CSD X as well but the stumbling blocks were remuneration for the ground days, access to Crew Personal files and potential effect on CRM; imagine conducting a disciplinary one day and the next embarking on a 8 day trip together. (Also, not such a problem on Eurofleet, but on WW the CSD's often commute from all over the world so popping into the office for a couple of days is a bit inconvenient. Fine if thats what you signed up for but not if the goal posts have just been moved.) There has been a team of managers working on a job spec for this role since 2000 and no progress has been made.

many of you are not cabin crew
Welcome to Pprune pcf. Lots of us are CC and more coming all the time now that this discussion is just airline staff. Spread the word, this forum could be fantastic if we flood it out! There is some anti-crew feeling on here and many of it coming from FC colleagues but mostly its just people who feel strongly about the survival of BA. FWIW I feel the same as you that I am sad for our colleagues in BASSA who find themselves in a horrible position and I am worried about the implications of imposition but we have to have the wisdom to fight the right battle and this was not it.