PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rishworth blacklisting(??!!)...
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2010, 08:43
DesiPilot
The Bumblebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the thread,

Flyboy,

I applied with Rishworth for a gig in China about a year ago and I was told since I am an Indian citizen I cannot get a pilot job in China. It had something to do with security regulations Chinese came out with during Beijing Olympics and of course no one bothered to change it back. I had asked them if I could get a job on the basis if my FAA license and not use my Indian license; and I was told that as long as I hold Indian passport I cannot work in China.

Of course, I ignored Rishworth's information and re-applied through WAS Inc. WAS inc didn't tell me anything about not being able to work in China, I asked/queried them and I was told no ruling like this exist. I bought my tickets, got my Chinese visa, started studying and two days before I was supposed to depart got an email from WAS inc that I cannot screen in China since I was an Indian citizen! I lost my visa fee and ticket cancellation fee and WAS Inc couldn't be bothered to refund the money.

So long story short, Rishworth did give my correct advice for once. I was told back then that if I held a US passport I could work in China, just it won’t be allowed because I hold Indian passport. I do hold US green card but that is not enough.

Good luck with your search, you can always try Vietnam, Qatar, Emirates, Bahrain Air, NAS, Watania to name a few. They are all hiring airbus drivers.