PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Random security
Thread: Random security
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2010, 01:17
rosied

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Random security

Frequently flying recently I've been struck by the Make It Up As You Go Along security rules: en route to DUB, LHR has developed a pathalogical phobia about umbrellas, at LCA it's all about scissors (even the teeny-weeny ones that come in sewing kits), at LHR I had to open every page of a newly bought paperback (to prove there was nothing 'hidden in it'), and at GVA I watched in amazement as a man was hauled off for trying to get a kitchen tap through via his hand luggage, while my partner was told that his huge Swiss Army Knife was absolutely fine.

Shoes on, or shoes off. Plastic belts are either fine, or have to be unsewn from walking trousers as one stands in the security queue. Bananas are OK at some places, lethal weapons at others. Tweezers - a lethal killing tool or no problem whatsoever. Lighters - as many as you like, or Highly Dangerous Items. Lipstick - ignored or confiscated. Laptops out, mobile phones in pockets OK, or not OK.

Tedious in the extreme. Perhaps we should all just fly naked with nothing whatsoever?