PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Algonquin Flight Centre, North Bay, Ontario?
Old 24th Apr 2010, 20:48
koolkube

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Algonquin Flight Centre, North Bay, Ontario?

Greetings All,

My name is Adam and am a 17 year old student from London, UK.

I have always had a keen interest in aviation, that carried me throughout my childhood years, well into recent times. I been enrolled with the Air Training Corps, the youth division of the RAF, since I was 13, and have clocked up a few hours, some gliding time and a whole bunch of other experiences too.

More recently I had finalised my choice of flying school in Florida, Sunstate Aviation (I chose to do a Part-141 FAA PPL as I could see myself spending most of my flying time in the states for personal, cost and family reasons.), but due to age constraints, it wasn't to be.

Now, the Canadian Permanent Residents Visa application, my parents applied for quite a few years back, has come through. So I've been looking at flight schools in the local area, and this one; "Algonquin Flight Centre", keeps coming up. My Dad had also heard of them from his previous visit.

To cut to the point, I really would like to do my PPL course with them, but their website is down, and the phone number given in directories is inactive. They even have a Facebook group, but the last wall post was in 2007.

If anyone could give me any information on this particular flight school, or any in the local area around North Bay, Ontario, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Adam