PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerial Fire Fighting in Ireland; 2010 Season.
Old 24th Apr 2010, 16:31
500 Fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aerial Fire Fighting in Ireland.

I read in one of the national papers in Ireland today that there have been a number of gorse fires in the last week. Farmers have apparently been burning off the gorse but the fires have spread to forests and national park areas. Some of the problem areas mentioned include Oughterard, Kylemore and Letterfrack in Co. Galway. It also mentioned that helicopters have been involved in fighting these fires.

Is there anyone on this forum involved in this operation? I presume Executive Helicopters are involved again with their EC120 but I could be wrong. Maybe Irish Helicopters are working the fires with their new EC135? Anyone know if the Irish Air Corps have the AW139 certified with their Bambi-Bucket and are set for any fire fighting this year?

If anyone has information, interesting tales and PHOTOS of this weeks events, please share. It's good to see something positive in the press on the use of helicopters in Ireland. Thanks.

500 Fan.

Last edited by 500 Fan; 10th May 2017 at 16:20.