PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is RAF grounded as well ?
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2010, 09:52
Trim Stab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ash had been found on and in a number of airframes/engines during the subsequent turnround servicing. Are the civvies just ignoring this?
Maybe the ash is settling to the lower layers? We were one of the first aircraft airborne after the ban was lifted for a return flight to Cannes. No visible traces anywhere after either leg. But we were up at 450 for most of the flight.

what happened to that post?
Were you talking about the post that I briefly made? I have been getting a few unpleasant pms from somebody - I briefly posted one on the forum, but then thought it better to invite him to post it himself. Anyway, he has declined to do so and has suddenly gone quiet.

Update: He has just pm'd me again to inform me that I am now on his ignore list - thank you Kitwe, I won't have to receive any more of your bile in my inbox.

Update: Kitwe has since continued sending me puerile PMs, so clearly he has not really put me on his ignore list. Kitwe, you claim to be an RAF officer with 39 years service - if this is true, perhaps you could uphold the standards expected of an RAF officer and refrain from sending me gratuitous insults? I find it ironic that you complained to the moderators about me when I considered posting one of your PMs here. If you are too ashamed of what you are sending me to countenance seeing them published, then please just desist.

Last edited by Trim Stab; 27th Apr 2010 at 07:58.