PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hydraulics B757
Thread: Hydraulics B757
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2010, 02:17
Piper19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow heavy ones, but interesting. I'll try to answer some of them from a mechanics point of view:
7/ The ACMP pumps gets power through respective control units ELCU. The ELCU gets 28V power from the switch you push in and this activates a relay that sends power to the pumps. Left pump gets power from AC bus R, right from AC bus L.
ACMP C2 gets power from AC bus R (through the ACMP C1 ELCU on/off function, that's why C2 cannot run on most conditions when C1 is running...) and ACMP C1 from AC bus L.

8/ EDP 3000PSI at 37 gal/min. ACMP 3000PSI at 6.5 gal/min. Both should work together. It's 3000 plus or minus something (125 I believe), and they only deliver the flow needed of course. Rest goes to case drain.

9/ If you pull the fire swith in flight, as long as the engine keeps windmilling the hyd pump will continue turning, without fluid or case drain fluid cooling going through it. So the pump may be damaged after 5 minutes. Pump filters must be checked for metal debris.

11/accu pressure is just what it is. Limited braking due to residual pressure left in the accumulator. This is what you get when right and left hyd systems fail. If you now push the reserve brakes switch, 2 isolation valves will isolate the right ACMP and dedicate that pump to give you brake pressure. One of the isolation valves will direct hydraulic fluid from the right reservoir BOTTOM offtake to the R ACMP. (normal offtake is somewhat higher in the reservoir so not all fluid can get out in case of fluid leak somewhere in the system). So in case of right hydr system loss due to leak, you still get fluid directed to the pump when reserve brakes pushed in.
If you push reserve brakes switch, you'll see that the right ACMP switch pressure light will go out even when the pump switched off. When R ACMP pump manually switched on AND reserve brakes on, check status page on ground with engines off, you'll see that the hydraulic pressure on the right system doesn't show 3000 PSI even if it runs. That's because the isolation valves did their work, and the fluid is transferred to the reserve brakes function (pressure transmitter bypassed). So if you ever see no pressure on the status page when you put on the right ACMP, check your reserve brake switch first before calling that engineer.

12/spoilers 3,5,8,10 on left hydraulic syst; spoilers 1 and 12 on center; 2,6,7,11 on right sys. Ground spoilers 4 and 9 on right system. Numbering starts at left wingtip.

13/ left rsrvr in left wheel well, right in right wheel well, center in hydraulic bay aft of left wheel well. L and R rsrvr hold 6.6 gal each, center one holds 3.5 gal.

I leave the rest for others, I'm getting a headache now