PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'No blame' Over RAF Tornado Crash
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2010, 22:13
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Not sure what point you are making here BGG. Retard asks a question of Safeware who answers it following hellish return journey from ash ridden holiday in a far off country of which we know little. Well, I though I'd put a bit of topical spin on things while we're at it. Tuc adds his bit, endorsing Safeware's post and you go off on one. So what's your point? If it is that we very soft carbon units do not perform predictably to 10-3, or whatever, I think that was what Safeware was saying wasn't it? Or is that is what is just blindingly obvious? What seems blindingly obvious to me is that a whole clutch of professional pilot trainers (don't know about the WSOps) seem to have obsequiously submitted to the bean counters and accepted monthly hours being slashed to a dangerously low level, if comment on this thread is anything to go by. Sh*t happens when good men and women do nothing. All this talk of no experienced pilots and no-one knows any better these days is hogwash. The pity and the shame of the RAF is that a whole lot of what was done over the years, and so concisely described by tuc, was done by very senior and very experienced pilots. Far too many of their juniors have died as a result. Time that people faced up to their duty and responsibility and said No! "Can do" is often the easy way out in such a situation.

Last edited by Chugalug2; 23rd Apr 2010 at 22:26.