PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P2F Cancer of Aviation (merged)/ petitions.
Old 23rd Apr 2010, 18:59
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
767200ER

Good try. You are making facts fit circumstance.

BA started a business class only service to New York, full service, high quality air travel, in the middle of the recession.

Have a close look at your Ryr low cost model and ask yourself, honestly, can RYR make a profit based upon what they charge for seats? The answer is no, they can't. The revenue streams that go to make up the Lo-Co business model you seem to be so proud of with your new employer has deep roots in making money on the side.

If I were looking to work for RYR I would be quite concerned about the cancellation of the Boeing order and the fact that neither aircraft manufacturer, in the middle of a deep recession, is willing to sign a 1.5 billion euro deal with RYR. The business model for that company necessitates that it expand and conquer new markets. The aircraft manufacturers won't play any more, the authorities won't play any more with regard to subsidies, the airports won't play anymore.

How bright is the future of RYR? Keep an eye out for O'Leary converting shares, then will be the time to jump!

As to:

its their low cost base, which means not forking out 28K+ for each new pilot they take on,
That is the cost to you, the applicant, the actual cost for the simulator course (given the fact that 737 sims are two a penny) and the base training is way, way less than that. You will have a safety pilot for your first few sectors (yes, with passengers paying their E1.99 seats) then off you go for your training sectors. (Don't forget to clean the aircraft on the turn around!)

O'Leary will love you, until you stop paying of course then he will treat you with the contempt he treats everyone else.

Wingo Wango, i am, then, every airlines wet dream because i am willing to adapt to whatever the situation that means we can all wake up tomorrow knowing we will still have a job to go to.
Sadly I have flown with co-pilots with this attitude before. 'I'm in debt to my eyeballs so I don't care what I have to do, I will prostitute myself to keep flying'. I am glad to say that when the job is no longer worth doing because we will all be paying to fly those 6 sector days I will be sipping my beer somewhere sunny. Sad, it was a good job until this attitude played into the hands of the accountants and destroyed it.