PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P2F Cancer of Aviation (merged)/ petitions.
Old 23rd Apr 2010, 17:43
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
767200ER,

I see from another thread that you are 20. No doubt you still wear your rose tinted spectacles and are excited about landing a 'plum' job with Ryanair and can't wait to get your hands on one of those shiny new 737-800's.

Good luck, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Then cast a thought to those of us who have been in this industry for, in my case, 25 years. The shine wears off, believe me.

I have watched the conditions within my profession wither, slowly but surely. I was once in your position and I asked myself what the oldies were complaining about. Now I fully understand what it was.

Flying used to be a well paid, well respected profession. It has slowly died to the point it is today and I do not see the rot stopping. Where will it be when you have been at the controls of your 737 for 25 years? Personally I am glad I will not still be flying to see it. I have seen and flown with P2F pilots and they killed off the last company I worked for as a good, well paid company to fly for. Why? Because the company would constantly rotate the co-pilots as more of them wanted their 'jet time'. For those of us in the other seat it was both annoying and tiring.

We all need to protect our collective futures. P2F is a weapon of the Management and the accountants. When you have had the shine worn off you after years of long, hard days with the management coming at you for ever less money and bonuses you will understand. Until that point arguing against the system you chose is pointless.