PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 23rd Apr 2010, 12:27
Reargunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why on earth would he/she do this? It would simply open the door to more industrial unrest - IMHO far better to leave a permanent reminder to everyone else that striking has consequences so you'd better not do it.
This seems to me to be the truth. All BA are watching what this LT do and they will all see that they cannot take a dispute to the point of IA. I'm not sure I can see that as a message of loyalty to those who acted to strike break...but I do think it is a message.

Our contracts already are as basic as you suggest here:
The basic contact should be along the lines of:
-You are to work for the company employed at the agreed salary.
-Your hours and rosters will be in accordance with CAA regulations.
- You will report for work punctually, do the job as defined by the company with the resources you are given and you will do it cheerfully.
- All other legal requirements of employer and employee are in accordance with UK employment law.
The industrial agreements are in addition. Do you really suggest that contemporary contracts do not include job-descriptions and details? Do you mean that is where you would like BA to go with all contracts, or just the cabin crew ones? Would BA be better of without the GSS, Pilot, A scale, engineering, management, tech management and non craft agreements?

I would have thought it would create utter chaos. Surely a corporation needs a balance between flexibility and rigidity? Not totally one or the other?