PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unlocking mobile phones.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2010, 12:23
PPRuNe Pop
Cool Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unlocking mobile phones.

I recently got what turned to be a most satisfactory deal on acquiring by auction a Blackberry 8120 phone on Ebay. It is new all but about 6 weeks but everything came boxed except that it wasn't unlocked from Orange - I didn't want them.

I looked the internet - found one of MANY - paid by PayPal the vast sum of £4.99 - only to be told HOW to go about finding others who would do it! Demanded money back and it was returned same day.

Tried another (UNLOCKINGONLINE.COM) - their blurb was very convincing on a very good website - the code came through having paid £9.99 - and up to the middle point of the instructions it was fine then it just stopped. All contact with this company was lost - failed. PayPal have faired no better and I am in the resolution channel with PP but I am not holding my breath.

The point of this is a warning? Most of these unlocking deals are scams. One of the most simple it would seem and apparently very lucrative. My advice is not to be tempted.

I took my phone to a high street guy near my home and got it done in 30 minutes - for a price of £6 and I am well pleased.

PPP