PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2010, 11:54
Snas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snas
The point is that BA has suspended a huge amount of crew and some allegations are nothing but ridiculous. One particular pilot is also responsible for many of them. He should be proud of himself.
MissM - that may well be correct, I dont know, and with respect I would suggest that the majority of CC dont know the details either.

I just think that being asked to vote (to accept a proposal that includes, or not, these matters) is very far from ideal.

To insist disciplinary matters are included makes it designed to fail I suggest. There are processes for such matters and they will be followed, with reps ensuring this is so I would hope.

MissM, whilst I disagree with your position, generally, you do at least seem to be informed to a degree that most CC are not. BASSA will perhaps paint the members in the discp process as some type of freedom fighter, perhaps some are, but in with the 50+ are there not some, or one even, that deserves to be exactly where he/she is - voting that process away is not right.

Edit - for clarity, I'm not discussing ST, that is something that I think can and is reasonable to vote on being included in a new offer. The discp hearings are the part that I think will stall an end to this IA.