PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview with Cathay Pacific
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2002, 16:02
shortly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course it's a great company guys - be real. It's not perfect by any means but then again neither are any of us. The proof of my statement is encapsulated in the bottom line, what other totally privately run airline can compete with 50 odd years of staggering profits? One petty cash loss - and that was an accounting sleight of hand. Amazing in our industry. Tremendous on board service, best aircrew body bar none, very up to date equipment, sure there are issues in relation to personnel management, particularly regarding aircrew. Be fair in that regard, however, haven't both parties in the dispute been playing a self centred game? And, haven't we grown from a tiddler on the world stage to at the very least a good sized minnow, all in a few years. In any organisation/business which grows too rapidly there are inevitably communication breakdowns and business practice within the organisation in question is often found wanting. I am no stooge of management Mole if that is your question but I am at least prepared to give credit where it is due. I'm a little teapot short and stout lol.