PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ash clouds threaten air traffic
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2010, 11:04
iwantmyhols

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
captainpaddy- with you 100%- I have been involved in industry (all be it not aviation) setting specification levels (and validating them) for 20 years - I cannot understand what has happened here- there is no way that any new levels can have been set and validated in 5 days!!! Has anyone seen any interviews/or documentation that has taken place from/with any of the manufactures of these engines- I would be amazed if anyone in the industry has signed off on these new levels- if they have I think they must be mad- as those signitures are going to be where the buck stops for any claims for damage -or worse. I would have walked away from my job before I would have signed off that specification! What happens next if the testing analysis is undertaken and it is found to be different to the new limits- whoose call is it to change these new limits as it seems that they have been set by the regulators. The usual process below is now in reverse- 1.the science is undertaken 2. measurements presented to regulatory bodies. 3. regulators agree or revise down if not happy with the resluts. This time the tail has wagged the dog. not sure how it can go from here.