PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Flight - New Production Series 400 Twin Otter
Old 23rd Apr 2010, 09:31
flyhardmo

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
All I said was that it was ugly as sin and slow. Two facts that you cannot change.
When you are trying to take 18pax and luggage out of a short mud strip at elevation without any drama's then you start to see the beautiful side of the twotter. Whatever bush plane you are flying troll, i'm sure it can't match its performance. As for slow, well every aircraft is designed for its particular purpose. I do fly B777's at M0.84 but before that I was a twotter driver and it did everything the book said it would. It's tough, reliable and a sheer pleasure to fly. I would jump back in the beast on any given day for the pure pleasure of handling a wonderful machine.. Troll I was once like you and didn't think much of the DHC-6 but when you are behind the controls and she gets off the ground in a jaw dropping short distance its stays with you. 2500hrs on type and it never ceased to amaze me. Thats the emotion that all of these people posting in this forum feel when they praise its capabilities, strength, reliability and COMPLETE beauty. Cave troll, don't bother replying until you have had first hand experience at the controls.

Last edited by flyhardmo; 23rd Apr 2010 at 15:22.