PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2010, 22:22
HURZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iīm now 15 years with this company. The big package is quite good, however like in any company there is room for improvement. Ofcourse, the grass is always greener in the neighbours garden, but when you look closer.... I also considered KAL and EK as an option for change but in EK you are imho just a slave with no rights at all and in KAL (I think much better then EK) you are on a 5 year contract and Iīm still to young for a contractor life. Maybe itīs fine later. I have family and do commute. Commuting works out fine most of the time, but to be honest I have to pay the price and lose 20 + days per year since I decided not to life in LUX. Well, but thatīs the price me and my familiy are willing to pay to life at the most beautiful place (our home). Schedulechanges are part of our business and I and my family got used to it.... It can be a pain in the ass, but never forget who pays your salary and when everything is normal(no crises or volcano) you hardly see major schedule changes. In CV most of us got to know the "spirit of cargolux". This spirit was almost destroyed some years ago, but somehow it came back during the crises and erverybody did whatever he could in order to help out. When you join CV you donīt just join a company, you join a lifestyle that can be very good when you have a partner who understands the CV freight dogs life. When he/she dosnīt understand it might be time to look for a new partner....
Those who left CV, some to go back to short haul life, others to a LR start-up, most for a "quick upgrade", I fully understand. However it proved that the quick upgrade, most guys were lookin for, didnīt come since some companys got shut down like OASIS (hi xavier Iīm sorry that it didnīt work), or EK could not keep their promis due to recession.
I never regreted my decision to join CV, however there have been times I was somehow unhappy but in the end it returned to the good. Either youīll love or dislike this company. There is no in between. For me the fist applies and CV became more than just the place where I earn my money.... but never forget it can take 5 or more years to adopt to this very special CV lifestyle...

All the best in decision making,

HURZ

Last edited by HURZ; 23rd Apr 2010 at 08:43.