PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly-by-Wire Diagrams
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2010, 18:57
muduckace
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an old copy of an MD-11 amm that gives great block diagrams it is in adobe so I can't do much with it, I would love to send you a simple diagram of one actuator. I do not think it will be easy to find general diagrams since there are several systems you are trying to display, you would be better off picking one primary flight control because all other primary's are the same or similar. Also keep it simple only to show a single hydraulic system when there usually several as well.

Usually for each flight control you have 2 modes, manual fly by wire and A/P fly by wire (redundant for safety). 2 sets of servo valves that port hydraulic fluid to extend or retract the actuator/flightcontrol and 2 sources of feedback to report actuator/flightcontrol position. The FCC Flight Control Computer reads computes and controlls all of this information to ensure the inputs are matched by proper outputs.

Old mechanical systems had a cable controling a valve that mechanically or in big older jets hydro-mechanically moves the surface then the surface position is displayed as a visual reference to the pilot.