PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2010, 14:23
Balair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wonderful images - not!

Our television screens are now full of shots of members of the public returning to the UK after their enforced absences; most show them being welcomed by friends and relatives in clean, functional arrivals halls.

What do we see from East Midlands this lunchtime? The BBC's local reporter standing next to a graffiti covered column, resembling something you would expect to see in the gents toilet of a 1960's football ground...!
The image made me cringe just as much as when I first encountered it last year when meeting a client from Geneva (something which now cannot be repeated due to Easy's departure and Baby's reduced frequency on the route) his puzzled look and comment of "how strange - do you like graffiti around here?" said it all.

What on earth possessed the airport's management to even consider doing something as tacky as this? I presume it was the same "consultancy" that advised them to install the silver plastic "meeting tree" which resembles a cast-off prop from a local production of Jack and the Beanstalk!

What sort of impression does Penny Coates think this gives first time visitors to the airport and the East Midlands region?
I know the airport is "architecturally challenged" but surely they can do better than this?

Rant over!