PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Williamtown Class E Stuff-Up?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2010, 12:32
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Dick,
You continue to demonstrate your lack of understanding of real-world aviation.

Bloggs, are you suggesting radio alerted see and avoid does not work?

In that case do you want all VFR in G to go back to full position reporting and "radio arranged separation?
I (nor has anybody I have flown with in the last 35 years) do not get alerted to another aircraft and then continue flying toward them hoping that I am looking in the right direction to "See and Avoid". I ensure, through my own actions or in concert with the other aircraft, that if we do not sight each other, we will still not collide. Call it radio-arranged separation if you like. This morning was a classic example. A no-radio VFR was coming at us pretty quickly (until all aircraft have mandated ADS-B I couldn't tell exactly what our approach angle was, but it was closing pretty fast). Having been alerted to the TCAS (thank goodness) my effo and I did not simply keep looking where the TCAS said he was and keep descending; we levelled off
until
we saw him, then we continued our descent.

Alerted See and Avoid is a misnomer; it is safer and more economical for pilots to talk to each other to ensure segregation in case the See and Avoid bit doesn't happen (and more often than not it doesn't).

Back to the Tobago and your rather odd question
Bloggs, are you suggesting radio alerted see and avoid does not work?

In that case do you want all VFR in G to go back to full position reporting and "radio arranged separation?
He never announced he was there; Alerted See and Avoid aka segregation never had a chance. This is what you had introduced with NAS 2b, fortunately AsA canned it, but you never learn and now you are trying this crazy stunt again. You had two warnings last time, with no lives lost. Do not let it happen, because the next time may be far more serious.