PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Williamtown Class E Stuff-Up?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2010, 08:14
Jet_A_Knight

Metrosexual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Dick,

However, if we upgrade the airspace to E, suddenly your mind shuts down and says, “E means a clearance for IFR and means danger for IFR climbing in VMC without a clearance”
No, it does not. You're making an incorrect assumption. My mind goes to 'We need a clearance to depart".

I'm not arguing the fact that "E" is safer than "G". Understand that I'm saying, we operate IFR everywhere we fly to. We can't depart anywhere VFR in VMC then call for an IFR pickup in order to climb up into Class C & A so therefore we are subject to ATC clearance to enter Class E.

If I just charged into Class E sans clearance, I'd be explaining the ESIR that ATC issued on me, and if Idid that a few times, then I suppose the Chief Pilot would clip my wings.

If I had my way, I'd have the airspace we operated into subject to ATC control and clearance, and traffic prioritised similar to YSSY. I'm more concerned with the safety of myself and the fare paying RPT passengers I haul around than the freedom for privateers to fly wherever, whenever they want.