PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2010, 08:03
ARFOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It only took a couple of hours to nail the state of play. Childs play

Mr Smith

Quite aside from the huge volume of unanswered [by you people] discussion points, you never disappoint when the heat is on
If the assessments have not been done in Australia that's not my responsibility.
Disgraceful. YOU [and your 2.5 side kicks] have been informed of the systemic problems with adopting the US NAS. It is not about The rules [I note with interest you duck the CAR 'prevent collisions' issue] . The US rules are not needed in Australia. Imagine forcing pilots to 'see and avoid' in VMC when it is not necessary. That is why the CAR regulatory changes were knocked back in 1990, the same applies today, 20 years later.

With reagrd resourcing, YOU [and your 2.5 side kicks] also know that enforcing Centre E to low level in Australia is neither US NAS compliant, nor reasonable given the airspace structures in Australia.

The AIG and APG know, as do the CASA. There will be nowhere to hide for any of them, least of all the Minister.

One last question of you:-
I have alway's supported proper ATC staffing levels.
Will you lobby for proper assessments, and ensure the safest possible [subject to CBA and RA] system is put in place by CASA for Australian industry?

Can you live with whatever outcome that might be?

Once again, I look forward to your advice