PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 21st Apr 2010, 17:29
farfadet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another point: you seem to think that the job hunt is like a piece of cake... it isn't believe me! May be you had been lucky in the past, but what if you had to look for a job now... It might be really different.

The competition is very harsh! Starting to learn a new language in order to be lucky enough to be invited for a selection could be a waste of time. For instance, in Germany, don't you think that there are already so many german native speakers looking for a job in a German company?
As low hour pilots, we have to do be prepared for an interview. That means that we have to stay current: flying on a regular basis, revising ground school, maintaining IR skills, sending CVs, calling companies, trying to make good contacts...
I really think that starting to learn a new language might be useless. At least you could be invited for an interview, but what would happen then...?

Believe me, I'm working on trying to get a job every single day! It's not as easy as you seem to think.. It is exhausting. Meanwhile, we must also earn money, whatever the job is.
And I know a bunch of mates who are doing exactly the same. We are in the same boat, struggling to find something and even to fly on a regular basis.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing I've been able to do to so far to take that first step on the aviation career ladder is:
- getting an Instructor Rating and getting a job as an instructor thanks to good contacts. At least, it gives me the chance to build my hours in a very useful manner.
- make good and useful contacts who could help me to find a job latter when the market will be better for us (wanabees)... hopefully...