PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ***arm Airline Pilots Now***
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2002, 10:41
MR WIBBLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Boys and Girls and fellow citizens of Wibble,

How about the possibility that the mentally unstable people are not always the hi-jacker or the terrorist but the pilot and crew ocassionally as well. Wasn't the Silk Air recently and I'm sure there was another one over the past 2 or 3 years which was a case of the Pilot being mentally unstable. Now if that Unstable pilot or crew member has access to a gun, makes alot of sense doesn't it?

Although the hijacker and terrorist in this day and age poses the bigger risk and threat to the airline industry, it maybe worth looking at the other unlikey or overlooked possibilities.

As someone has already said on this topic, if the is a gun on board already, surley that is an reason why the potential terrorist or hi-jacker will not smuggle one on board.

And surley if Mr Bin Laden (or anyone else for that matter with a big enough resource) wants to infiltrate somewhere he will probably have someone there now and in place for the future, now for example if someone who works for him is in place working for an airline already, surely Mr BL would be rubbing his hand together if the was a gun on the aeroplane.

I am only expressing my views and thoughts and don't want to offend anyone. If these are my thoughts and concerns, how many other people who don't use the forum are thinking the same thing? Surley I am not the only one who thinks this way.....