PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2010, 08:59
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As to you staement that the cost of E and C being the same, well I disagree:

E = clearance/traffic for IFR, any VFR info available, so clearance for say 100 movements per months ?.

C = clearance and separation for eveybody, so all of a sudden the +2,000 (guestimated figure) odd VFR movments plus the 100 IFR = 2,100 per month would require clearance and separation, a hugely larger number.
As a pilot...not an ATC, but have a few mates that are....when you consider the RPTs are in pre planned bursts of activity, they are well planned and managed. The other 2000 VFR's spread over the rest of the month would equate to about 5.55 per hour, just enough to stop them going mad or to sleep.

The system works well and the very reason why Rockhampton's recent survey said to keep C over D backs that up. And I wonder how much VFR they have compared to Broome?

Capt Bloggs is of the opinion that C is a problem as it will cost more than E, i.e. will cost more than E where there are great numbers of VFR movements, due to an increased workload for they controller, requiring more controllers and C is safer.
Bloggs has never said anything like that You may have just made some typo there I think?