PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uk-nats-nats-net
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2010, 08:43
Quincy M.E.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CRR
BUT they are the only ones who are ever held accountable for their actions.
How do you know? Are you present at HR meetings when people are being diciplined? I think you are assuming that because a controller being held accoutable is more high profile then they are the only people who are ever reprimanded. I know that I would be in the s*it if I made a mistake in my (safety critical) role.

Originally Posted by various posters
Can this be moved to your private forum here?
I was going to but no one ever reads that bit of the forum.

Originally Posted by less than 20
Quincy you could not do your job if there is no ATCO's.

I suggest that any non ATCO who assumes that all we do is complain come and have a look when it is really busy or there is an emergency going on. It is always dealt with professionally and then try to imagine that someone who has no idea what goes on daily has told you to have a power nap or go to the post office!!!
Yes I could do my job if there were no ATCOs in the company. I could form my own company (with no ATCOs) and do what I do. (Obviously, in the sense that ATCOs are required to enable aircraft to do what they do then yes I need ATCOs but only in the same way that I need pilots or airports etc)

Also I should point out I used to be operational and have been on many trips to other operational units and have witnessed an emergency going on. So what is your point?

Originally Posted by 1985
NATS is an Air Navigation Service Provider.
Yes it is and there are many services that are coverd by this umbrella term other than an air traffic control service.