PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2010, 08:29
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
---- Indian FIR above FL300 it does look, sound and feel like (horribly dysfunctional) Class C. Its a disgrace that it isn't.
Chimbu,

As I have previously posted, you find all about what it all really means in India after an incident, as I have found from personal experience. All care and no responsibility.
I have a lot of experience (not just overflying) in the area, sadly it is not going to change any time soon. The impenetrable bureaucracy makes ours look good.

As an airport manager told me, one day during a particularly ridiculous delay, and I quote: Ahhh!!, Captain Sahib, it is all your fault, because it is all about bureaucracy, and it is you British who taught us how".

In the real world, as we ( and I am certain this includes you) all put a lot of effort into keeping a plot of anything around us (+/- 20 mim & +/- 10,000') it probably doesn't matter what the nominal classification is. I can nominate A airspace in the general area, where the classification may as well be G, for all the difference it make.

All you can guarantee is that, whatever happens, it will be the Captain(s)'s fault(s).

Tootle pip!!

Last edited by LeadSled; 21st Apr 2010 at 08:42.