PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopters and Volcanic Ash?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2010, 05:35
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
NIGELh

I cannot understand what you would expect the regulators to do. I presume nothing. Just carry on regardless and if something falls out of the sky then we will deal with it.

Of course they have not got it 100% right. They have tried to do the best fin the interests of safety. The passengers interviewed last night ion TV were repeatedily drawn by the jouro to try and critise the regulator and to a man they all said the same thing. They would rather have stayed on the ground if there was any doubt.

I have never intimated what you are doing is not safe nor has the regulator since he has allowed you to do it. As you have probably made a fat wad out of the crisis I am surprised you whinging at all.

As far as maiking may own descisions, thats just insulting. You have no idea what my backgorund is and I guess you have never flown Offshore.

Blowhards like you are the real reason for the transient overswing. Kneejerk reactions are mostly the result of trying to contain volatile missles like you.

How can you even possibly justify critising me for wanting to be compliant, safe and conservative.

Just what do you klnow about ash and engines. I suspect squat. But you will quite happily spread you particular brand of bollocks reagrdless.

I on the other hand admit to understanding very little, and therefore place my trust in those that do.

I am a pilot, not a geologist/meteorologist/mettalurgist.

Seeing as you have the answers to evrything why not stand for election.