PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ash clouds threaten air traffic
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2010, 23:40
Skittles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no substitute for real life experience and training when it comes to making decisions.

Yes there is - knowledge. Unless of course that experience has even the slightest relevance to the topic in hand, which in this case it doesn't! My 90 year old uncle has all the experience in the world in the textiles industry, but I hardly think it would hold him in good stead if he decided he wanted to be an astronaut.

In the absence of any apparent effort to make any official scientific investigation of the possible malignant effects from the unpronouncable volcano's orifice it was left to WW to go for it.

I'm sure he was 100% confident in his decision, bolstered by his training and life experience.

His training and life experience in ash structure and distribution in the event of the eruption of icelandic volcanoes?
This is a forum which completely ignores anyone who isn't a professional pilot. Don't have your fATPL? Then your opinion is worthless.

Obviously that thought train has missed this station. It surprises me somewhat that so many people on here are experts on the Eyjafjallajokull glacier.