PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 20th Apr 2010, 21:58
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening,

I came on here and opened this thread to highlight and seek advice from our senior pilots. I had promised myself and to a certain degree our dearly appreciated moderator HWB, that this thread was not going to be about me but people like me. However I feel that I am crossing a fine line and by doing so breaking my own promise, by always reflecting on my personal circumstances and situation. And for this I would like to apologise for doing so. This thread is for the benefit of all wannabes.

I today received a PM from what I would like to describe as an influential peer from Ryanair, I must admit that after careful consideration and reviewing the PM. I must apologise to any person I have mislead or informed in my previous post regarding the airline. I was wrong on many points including the point regarding the type rating of a 737-800; in fact I have been informed that if you do hold an 800 type rating this will allow you to fly the entire range of 737. I am neither pro nor against Ryanair but feel that I may have been mislead and misinformed by the information that was provided to me. It was my own fault for not taking the appropriate steps to research in this area. And by doing so this does not give me any rights to make comments that may be untrue. DONT WORRY I HAVE NOT BEEN OFFERED A JOB AT RYANAIR, and neither have I been pressurised to make such apologies. I just don’t wish to be branded a liar by my fellow peers.

Moving on I would also like to thank many of you for your private messages offering support, encouragement and advice. As a wannabe I was not born and am sure neither was any of us knowing all that we needed regarding our industry. Neither do we pretend to, but what we do need to learn is not written in books that explain the theory of flight nor how to operate the aircraft. Of course we need to read and practise but I want to learn what isn’t in the books, things people have experienced, encountered things that have been just a memory or a past thought, so all of us may learn from it.

We have all applied, chased up CV’s, networked etc. What we haven’t done is to open ourselves to new ideas such as using our expertise in helping others. On my way to the post office I popped into my local community centre and enquired and presented the idea of starting a homework group on Saturday’s to my surprise there isn’t one set up. So I have volunteered to help set up and teach under privileged children while I find work. As always I have been applying everywhere in every industry. But as I’m sitting doing nothing then why not help my community.

Kash360.