PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopters and Volcanic Ash?
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2010, 21:25
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi DB . For one moment in your previous post i thought you had woken up ...but then your next post proved me wrong !! You really are a creature of habit ...i guess it is your job where your every move is directed and sanctioned by someone from above ....if you ever leave your job and go into the real world you may find you have to make some of your own calls ....not leave it to another grown up . I have flown for 6 hrs today in gin clear skies ..for some unknown reason we had to fly through City airspace as Heathrow was closed , even for a Burnham / Ascot route ....why ?????? There is no sense or logic ...it is just beaurocrats doing what they do best ...sitting on a fence . Why was it safe to fly down the Thames East to West .....but apparently NOT west to East . DB i am sure you will agree West to East is v dangerous indeed !!!!
Anyway yet another beautiful gin clear , perfect flying day and a whole load of pilots , even vfr ones , sitting on the ground .
ps The insurance argument doesnt wash either as they have no right to restrict your insurance ...you have a contract with them which covers you for all legal flights ...if they say you are not insured " simples....." tell them to shove their premiums and move your policy or simpler , just keep flying and dont ask them as they will always take a "no flying " option but still take your premium . I think the UK aviation community have proved what a bunch of Lemmings they are ....all not flying ( for no reason ) then suddenly all flying ( again for no good reason !! ) A pathetic chapter in UK Eurolalaland Aviation.