PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2010, 14:53
mellymoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the comment made

I have been in the airline industry a very long time compared to some and would say I am pretty thick skinned. But, I would like to state that your comment came across as quite rude and not really thought out.

I wonder if you are hoping that because maybe you are awaiting to get in Etihad that loads of people are going to step to allow you to get a little further?? I dont think babes that is going to happen if its for their best interests maybe they have already looked at that option and dont want to live in a high fast paced state and would prefer the more laid back part of AUH.

If you didnt mean anything by it which maybe you didnt I hope we all get there eventually and maybe crew should look at other airlines as well and not pin their hopes on EY, but for the time being until we get that letter to state otherwise we are all in for the "longhaul". I have looked at other options but after living in the Mid East miss it so much and left Emirates for personal reasons and the cost of living a few years ago was getting horrendous and the housing allowance I got meant I had to choose to stay or leave before getting seriously into financial difficulties - and before anyone makes a comment the rate of inflation in Dubai and housing was getting silly (my accommodation went from 52000dhs to 85000dhs within a year) so much so look as to what happened in the end!!