PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ash clouds threaten air traffic
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2010, 14:17
Bruce Wayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simonpro,

Because until yesterday morning the ash was covering most of Europe. I don't know about the UK but at least where I am they did open the airways in regions that were unaffected by ash, this is still the case today. Altitudes in which no ash has been found are open. Altitudes where ash is still present are not open. It's quite simple.
Was it? is that why the UK airspace is closed because they have found ash contaminant in the atmosphere?

Is it that simple ?

The aircraft that have been operating VFR don't seem to have encountered it to a level that has been detrimental to flight.

If the UK airspace has been closed due to contaminants, at what concentration are those levels and where and at what levels ?

Please, do tell.. the UK avaition industry would appreciate you imparting that knowledge, perhaps NATS too.

If NATS has decided to close everything regardless of this information then that is their concern. I have no idea why they would do that.
Are the MET office using some s**tty model, that doesnt seem to gel with what the rest of the EU airspace models are and what the actual facts are ?

... kind of like that whole manipulation of data, AGW, Bullcr@P model to support global warming thing that harks back to CRU/Jones "hide the decline" thing ?

Is our industry in the UK facing yet another kick in the cajones becuase the MET office is relying on B/S models that are not fit for purpose ?

Or the failure of our politicians to deal with a situation with a foot in reality.. hmm.. rather like doubling APD due to global warming.. only to tell us that the money from APD is being used to prop up the banks ??

Perhaps you'd care to stick to discussing this matter rather than attempting to discredit me.
That exactly what I am doing, you dont need any help on being discredited, you continue to do a fine job of that yourself on the Global Warming thread.

That fact is Simonpro, our politicians are useless, they stand around politiking, instead of dealing with a situation and indeed "fiddle* while rome burns" and fail to gather factual data, or even any data, meanwhile, everybody else picks up the pieces and foots the bill.

If I pay for a dog, I don't expect to bark myself.

*Not just their expenses