PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2010, 12:20
MudRat_02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are several phases of medicals, no surprises or secrets here unlike the rest of the testing you undertake:

First is at YOU session with a basic questionnaire and colourblindness test.

At assessment day for pilot applicants, you're measured to make sure you're good to go with ejection seats, they do an EKG, lung capacity, hearing test, and a series of eye tests (they check for 20/20 vision amongs other things, each eye is tested seperately and together in a variety of tests), and a few more where a doc goes over you to check everything is in order. After this stage you're not yet proven fit for enlistment.

At FSP you have to do your fitness test to the Army standard irrespective of the service you applied for.

Further medicals following FSP are the pre enlistment medical checks, which oddly enough you do prior to your offer . They are dental and ophthalmological check ups, and there can be further appointments made if they have picked up on anything of concern in the previous stages (eg. an irregular EKG reading or low lung capacity may need to be examined further). Prior to enlisting, you have to then do the fitness assessment again.

On the down low: this is supposedly a typical profile, and this is what I have experienced in my selection process. Guys on my FSP from other states have had experiences that have varied slightly though, like pretty much everything else in the recruitment process.