PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 20th Apr 2010, 11:05
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hernando

Good luck flying a single piston.
That was uncalled for. Between you, me and the gatepost at the front of my driveway, every sod out there are well aware of the fascinating little stories that bound about regarding Ryanair and it's pilots. There is no point in getting your back up about these; just get on with your life. Some truth does lie between what Kash has to say though. The money the cadet fronts for the Ryanair SSTR is first and foremost just another revenue generator for the airline. Secondly, the BRK contract is just another way for Ryanair to save on money and remain as flexible as possible with it's workforce. I have still to be disposed off in place of a newbee though and have never found myself in a position of 'layoff' because of a new stream of cadets. However i know we hold an excess of FOs because my 750hrs last year would have equated to 900hours 3-4 years ago. Colleagues at other bases are worse off, with some guys on as low as 600 hours per year. It will only drop and may get a great deal worse when the orders from Boeing dry up and the expansion grinds to a halt. That's only if continued recruitment occurs with low rates of attrition.

Until then the only thing that is laying me off is that bloody great big Volcano. That's something worth getting worried about

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 20th Apr 2010 at 11:24.