PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2010, 10:27
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Josh,
I have never said that E over D is "safer" than C over D, what I have constantly said is simple, if E over D achieves the separation assurance criteria, going to C does not make it "safer", because the standard is so high that a risk reduction, in a real world sense, just doesn't happen with the move from E to C.

Whoever produced a few standards for data reliability, thanks for that, at least somebody understands that there are probability standards behind a lot of ICAO docs.

Chimbu,
Was it you who said they operated widely internationally, and never operated in other then A, B(?)C. Have a look at the extract from the Indian AIP below.
The highest class of airspace in India is D, and that is TMAs.

<http://www.aai.aero/public_notices/aip/cont/AIP/AIP/aip/enr/enr1/le_ENR_1_4_en.pdf>

Tootle pip!!

PS 1: I have never minded being in the minority, fortunately air safety is not a democracy, as the record over many years has shown, particularly in Australia. Remember the blanket (certainly a majority) opposition to the introduction of weather radar by Ansett and TAA. That is just one example.
PS 2: Clearly most of you cannot comprehend that the whole point of CNS/ATM classification is that services are related to traffic, so every class of airspace achieves the design separation assurance standard. Ergo, is equally "safe".
PS 3: Anybody who has flown with me will testify that my approach briefings are short and to the point, the minimum required by SOPs ---- with a company that encouraged same ---- but somebody from ATC would probably (that word again) not understand that.
PS 4: One man bands went out with the retirement of the WW11 generation --- but a few of you can't help yourselves, you have to attack an individual who will not fall in line with your groupthink.

Last edited by LeadSled; 20th Apr 2010 at 10:57.