PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virus question
Thread: Virus question
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2010, 10:11
Tarq57

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
"Any thoughts?"

Well, how I'd proceed might be different, depending on what is actually seen when a quarantine is attempted. I'd be looking at each file that the AV was wanting to quarantine and assessing it on a case by case basis.

Over the internerd one can offer generic ideas only, without the use of diagnostics and a bit more knowledge than yours truly actually has.

What was/were the original file name and path of all nasties reported? (If there's more than 3 or 4, just give us the most common location, if there is one, eg: C: \Windows\System32...

What I'd do is the following: Clean all your temporary and temporary internet files. (Ccleaner or ATF cleaner is good for this. If you use Ccleaner, either use the slim version, or opt out of the Yahoo toolbar install.)
Download MBAM,(free version) kindly linked above. It's darned good. Install it, update it, run a quick scan. Following the scan a report will be produced. Select everything found and click on "remove selected". If prompted to reboot to complete removal, do so promptly.
Scan again with GData.
Report back on anything found/removed/obstinate.

Last edited by Tarq57; 20th Apr 2010 at 10:46. Reason: [edited to remove wibble]