PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2010, 04:33
septerra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there absolutely no way around it? Since spending around six grand would mean a round of uncomfortable calls to all the people I know to borrow some cash and then wait out for six months for the FSP, after which I may or may not get the call from PSA, and even if a spot is offered, may or may not get recommended at the OSB.

I am confident in my capabilities and on making it through the recruitment process given the opportunity to, but at the moment six grand approx. is quite a sum to consider. I guess Ill just try and get my application through to Pilot specific testing, for which I was initially put on hold and have had to submit a kind of informal appeal to the DFR regarding my high school qualifications and subjects. I should know the results of that in a couple of weeks hopefully [have no clue why it takes them so long to open a mail and verify the documents] and then try and do what hornetboy did, i.e. defer LASEK until after OSB. But then I am expecting it to be an issue for me.