PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - best flying school to enroll in the philippines
Old 20th Apr 2010, 01:44
fernandeztv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ kunal "pilot" while it is generally true that there are a few rotten flying schools in the Philippines that indulge in log book padding (everyone here knows which schools they are)....there are a few schools that very strictly adhere to standards!
Check out the schools operating out of Clark...All the 3 of them do NOT over log!

By the way overlogging is a disease that is rampant in every country when students are in a hurry to get a CPL. Why blame the school alone when the student also is a willing participant in it!

I can name 2 schools in India that indulge in rampant overlogging...the DGCA is aware of it. Has anything been done about it? So DGCA is in no "legal" position to "ban" another ICAO member state's flying school or license!

If you do your homework properly you will realise that there are a few well known schools in the US also that overlog.

Did you realise another thing...it usually involves Indian students who are in a hurry to get their license!

@Air_King: I highly doubt that omni is flooded with Indians in the current situation....yes but they do have a lot of students from the Middle East, Africa and Malaysia! Indian market has dried up a while ago! the ony Indians i see now days are the ones trying to renew and keep afloat their license!

Last edited by fernandeztv; 20th Apr 2010 at 01:47. Reason: typo