PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gringos wanting to fly in our airlines haha
Old 19th Apr 2010, 23:04
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gasguzzlerlatino

Your rants are somewhat immature, if I may state the obvious. Are you sure you've reached the ATPL level yet? I'm not sure you have.
Since you've indicated an interest in aviation, how about this. There is a pilot shortage gaining momentum worldwide. That would include Latin America. You have indicated that you are Latin American so there's no need to inform you on the impact that shortage will have at carriers like COPA. Since English is the international language of aviation you can do what you like with Espanol. Si? But in the final analysis, COPA wishes to serve nations beyond its' own borders, which includes a rather sizeable English speaking nation to the north. You're painting yourself into a bit of a corner my friend. I encourage you to open your eyes, your mind and your options. I'm sure you are capable of something with a lot more intellectual and professional content in your rants than you've delivered.
Aviation has gone global while you were asleep at the switch, which is another reason emerging nations and markets like Panama could use the expat help and there are expats who are willing to live and work in a third world country like Panama (not my definition but the United Nations definition of third world) and make it a win-win for applicant and COPA.

I feel your pain amigo. Panamanian flying jobs for Panamanians. When Panama runs out of 'acceptable' candidates, what then? Force them to hire candidates they may not wish to hire? Like English impaired, low time CPLs?
Good solution. Not one iota of common sense. But a solution.

A country like America will not experience the kinds of pilot shortages other nations will, so to look for options like working in the U.S. as an expat, just isn't going to happen. There will be however, many other countries (like Panama) that will rely heavily on expat pilots as a solution. That's not news but that too is a reality.

Maybe you'd care to help find the solution or better yet, an answer? So far, you're just spewing charlie romeo alpha papa.

Willie

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 19th Apr 2010 at 23:17.