PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 19th Apr 2010, 14:48
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon,

A magic solution? God I wish there was one, I really do!! But Alphaadrian I would like to thank you for your honest advice and views, I know you have been a great support and are offering your advice with best intensions and really appreciate it.

I certainly see your point that there is nothing else much left for us to do other than sit and play the waiting game. I have been on this website for many years now, mostly watching and learning from the sidelines and it wasn’t until I started getting involved with my training diaries on pprune. I see that there has been a number of posts regarding helping wannabes, and am delighted that it has shed some light on this matter, like I said before it is best for us all to work together in the same direction, helping people reach their goals or tackling any problems we face as an industry rather than having a more selfish approach. I am not accusing anyone of this, as I have found everyone one on this website helpful and encouraging. However must remember that any problem affecting our industry is our problem.

I opened this thread with best intensions I honestly did, I opened this thread to allow or seniors a platform to provide us with their wealth and knowledge and advice us in the right direction. But the truth is that our seniors are right we have nothing else to do other than wait. If you have got your licences, networked and built contacts, applied to the positions you thought were most suitable, got of your backside and tried to find food to provide for your family then there is nothing else for us to do except wait and stay current.

I myself will carry on until all hope itself fades away from my blood, I will carry on trying but not just in trying to get a job as a pilot but in any field. Some of our seniors have briefly raised the point that we must not hold out for a jet job. Believe me when I say, I and many more would be happy to just fly even a single piston because our passion was not the glamour or the money it was our passion to fly.

Kash360.