PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook - The 'For Chrissakes what next?' thread: Fascinating Stuff
Old 19th Apr 2010, 14:30
champair79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought I would try and swing the thread the other way now. As some of you may have read earlier in the thread, my friends flight was delayed 15 hours last Saturday due to a technical problem with one of the A321's and the replacement 757 also broke down. They had an uneventful flight to Izmir albeit with a big delay although Thomas Cook put them in the Hilton at Manchester with food. Everyone got a meal on the plane too so all in all, can't complain. They really took care of everyone and tried to make everyone happy despite the bad (unlucky?) situation they found themselves in.

Moving forward a week, the volcano has now cancelled their return trip. TCX have kindly put everyone on 'flight only' tickets into a 4-star hotel right on the beach with everything at the hotel (Turkish baths, drinks etc.) all free. Even though it must be costing them a fortune, my friends aren't complaining. I just wish I could go sample the free hospitality rather than being stuck at work. A big thank you TCX! Every cloud has a silver lining. I can think of worse places to be stranded than the Turkish riviera