PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P2F Cancer of Aviation (merged)/ petitions.
Old 19th Apr 2010, 12:59
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Global Warrior - The reason I am 'banging on' about easyJet is that this is the airline I can speak about with some accuracy. It is also one of the airlines you specifically have had an issue with regarding p2f. They once embraced p2f schemes but do so no longer. I believe the same is true for Thomas Cook but that is not so now. You refer to incidents that are yesterday's news. The legendary Jonathan Curd undoubtedly used BMI for these schemes and to that extent you are right. In the past he took on people who would never in a million years have been given a flying job and 'trained' them. That is no longer the case. It is also not correct that there is no way of chopping these guys - there is and it happens, just like it does to CTC cadets. Any researcher at BALPA will go away and research your claims with the airlines. They will then rightly be told that your concerns are no longer valid in most cases as the schemes you are so against no longer exist in the form you describe. You are right to be anti-p2f - so am I. The problem with this whole thread is that there are people out there still not seeing that the p2f schemes have evolved quite substantially. I am actually quite sympathetic to your concerns - I am, however, more concerned that the representations made to government and enforcing bodies are accurate and factual. The views of many on this forum are not, and it helps to be correctly informed before writing to key people.