PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ash clouds threaten air traffic
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2010, 10:29
CargoOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, if your life as CEO is short and brutish and if your successor gets to pick up the bill, then the answer is yes. For the aforementioned CEO, anyway.
If you are the pilot and you see the world only through the prism of your cockpit, let me tell you something new: it is doesn't matter what will happen to the engines, to the ash concentration or whatever. It doesn't matter how big will be the bill for overhaul and if there will be blades shortage. All of that is speculation only. Now the fact is: if we sit and wait, we all bunktrupt. And there will be no flights. No overhauld. No blades. Nothing.

There will be no successing CEO to pick a bill. There will be only administrators and insolvency practitioners if we don't take off now.

As a said on Saturday, no doubt we restart on Monday, and I see this is happens. My only other wish is a jail sentence for those who closed airspace without any justification. Somebody should take responsibility for this.

The best safety level is achieved when all aircraft grounded, ash or not. What most pilots missing: parked aircraft don't need pilots.